CyBox is a place where you store and share files for your own use, and share with others at ISU, or with collaborators anywhere in the world.
CyBox is a good solution for collaborative documents, small files, or archives of large files. It is not recommended for large data files that you are actively working with, as the transfer time up/down from the Box cloud service will be too long to be useful.
If you plan to use CyBox for research data, we strongly encourage you to ask us to create folders for the lab which will persist independently of any individual user account. This will protect your data in the event that a postdoc, grad student, or PI leaves, allowing the lab to retain access to the data.
- It's FREE & has no quota! (Paid for by the University)
- There is a per-file limit of 15GB
- To create or access your CyBox account, go to https://iastate.box.com and sign-on with your Net-ID and password (off-campus collaborators use their box credentials to sign)
- Meets University standards for security and privacy, including FERPA and HIPAA.
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook and Office programs.
- Keep your account for life (for students), even after you leave Iowa State.