CyBox is a place where you store and share files for your own use, and share with others at ISU, or with collaborators anywhere in the world.
CyBox is a good solution for collaborative documents and small files. It is not recommended for large data files.
If you plan to use CyBox for research data, we strongly encourage you to ask us to create folders for the lab which will persist independently of any individual user account. This will protect your data in the event that a postdoc, grad student, or PI leaves, allowing the lab to retain access to the data.
- It's FREE*! (*Paid for by the University)
- There is a per-file limit of 15GB
- The university has a 1.2 PB quota on its total usage.
- Quotas for individuals and departments are in flux.
- Do not store research data here with file sizes greater than kilobytes.
- To create or access your CyBox account, go to https://iastate.box.com and sign-on with your Net-ID and password (off-campus collaborators use their box credentials to sign)
- Meets University standards for security and privacy, including FERPA and HIPAA.
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook and Office programs.