A pizza lunch will be provided by ITS and will be served in room 206 Durham starting at 12:30.
Registration is required since space is limited to 45 and we need to know how much pizza to order. Register before 5:00 pm Monday June 19 by going tohttps://iastate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_di2FJNDn0UcAPI1
Workshop Purpose: Provide training in how to use Condo and CyEnce and to provide one-on-one help to those using these clusters. These clusters have been recently upgraded and are now using a new job scheduler called Slurm. In addition to help with running applications using the new Slurm job scheduler, the following are some examples of the help provided:
1. Logging onto a cluster and setting up work and temporary directories.
2. Using xterm to allow the use of performance and debugging tools.
3. Copying files from external machines to these clusters using the data transfer node.
4. How to run parallel jobs using MPI and OpenMP.
5. Porting applications to one of the clusters.
6. Installation of software.
7. Debugging programs using Allinea’s DDT debugger.
8. Optimizing programs using Allinea’s Performance Reports and MAP
1. Must have an account on CyEnce, Condo, or the Student Cluster.
2. Bring your laptop.
3. Attendance is limited to 45.
4. Registration is required.