If you're looking for a tool to use for managing your lab projects, or as an electronic lab notebook you should become familiar with the Open Science Framework, https://osf.io.
OSF provides an open source framework and free hosting for projects. The tool has integrations with many of the common services you already use, and a number of features designed to help you keep your project data organized so you can ensure your research is both reproducible and replicable.
A few of the key features provided:
- Wiki per project
- Ability to upload data files and version them
- Data files can be stored on OSF, or tools like CyBox
- Track code associated with your project through GitHub integration
- Share your data with FigShare, or directly from OSF so other researchers can build on your work
- Create DOI's to ensure you have a permanent identifier for your research data
Feel free to sign up & try it out, or contact email@example.com for a more in depth discussion or demo.